Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ode to My Cell Phone


My cell phone, as basic as it is, is so important to me. It wakes me up in the morning; tells me the date and time; reminds me about appointments and birthdays. It helps me to talk to my friends and family and gives me comfort when I am alone, in a strange place, because I know that help (or company) are just a phone call away. My phone also provides me with music when I am bored and games to entertain me. I can carry pictures of my loved ones wherever I go.

Everyone I know cannot image life without this precious little device. Some give them names, buy them sports covers or socks.. we decorate them too - with stickers or jewelry to make them truely our own.

Cell phones seem to complete us. I know that I would be totally lost without my own cell phone.

5 comments:

Faye Hicks said...

That blog is so true, no matter how much I deny the amount I rely on my cell phone, I do.

Mine really is a great help, I also use mine as an alarm and a meeting and birthday reminder. Without it I'm sure I would forget many friends birthdays and I would have missed many hair dresser appointments.

Although I often forget my phone at home, I do notice when it is not on me and I feel lost without it. As though I am missing a vital part of communication!

Nirvana Doodla said...

You know we go out and buy the latest cellphones and don't even actually make use of most of the features, i mean i own a Samsung U700 and i have never even used the 3G vidoe calling as yet. We use our phones for the most basic things and they do hold our lives in them..

Excellent post!!

Mandy Naude said...

That is so true. People rely so heavily on their cell phones and do not even know it. The cell phone can be used for a number of things and not just for communication which makes a lot of peoples lives a lot easier.It has become a huge part of evey ones lives and without them we feel lost, me included.

Brad Castle said...

Exactly..cellphones have become like a body part to almost everyone..the development of technology has allowed for cellphones to have everything we need,in one little device..imagine walking around with a camera,alarm clock,walk man,diary and laptop every single day.. the cellphone has put all those things into one and the only time people leave their celllphones behind is when someone steals it!

Good post

Sachin "sach_thestampede" Ameerchund said...

Jeez Dael, now you're really making me miss my cell phone (who passed away a few months ago at the beach in Durb). As we drove, it rang.. I carressed it all the way and.. BAM! It never wanted to leave, so just stayed in my pocket as I entered the ocean. (BIG TEARS) You sure have managed to capture the essence of mobile-tech love! I agree when you say that it's easily the one device that pretty much everyone owns, and is dependant on. Perhaps with regard to our class discussions on the information revolution.. the cell phone can be considered one of the 'revolutionary' or 'universal' tools available to man!